Here’s how our bespoke range has been specially made just for you.
From the Greek word meaning ‘the god of sleep’, Hypnos is an independent family run business that specialises in making luxury pocket-spring beds. With over 100 years of bed-making experience and proud owners of a Royal Warrant from Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, Hypnos prides itself on designing hand-crafted beds that provide the most deep and blissful night’s sleep, every night. With 14 factories around the world, these award-winning beds are not only found in homes but across the globe in hotels, palaces and the finest yachts.
At The White Company, we only work with the best people; those who share our passion for quality, style and creating beautiful pieces that will fit seamlessly into your life. We are dedicated to providing you with all the ingredients you need to sleep better, which is why Hypnos, with their commitment to produce ‘the most comfortable beds in the world’ are our choice for bringing you the best-in class mattresses.
Recently, we took a trip to the where the mattresses come to life from start to finish at the Hypnos factory in Prince Risborough, Buckinghamshire. From the meticulous hand work to the highest-quality fabrics and natural fillings used in every one of our Hypnos mattresses, here’s how our bespoke range has been specially made just for you.
6 STEPS TO MATTRESS PERFECTION
What is a Hypnos pocket-sprung mattress?
Made from pocket springs that have a built-in memory and active turns, these mattresses have been uniquely designed to recognise your body’s shape and weight distribution to provide comfort and support where you need it.
The movement of each spring allows the mattress to mould to your body ensuring the natural alignment of your spine and best support for your back. What’s more, there is no ‘roll-together’ between yourself and your partner, because the springs focus on individual comfort levels.
What makes Hypnos mattresses and divans special?
• All mattresses have a 10-year guarantee.
• Family run British business with over 100 years of bed-making experience.
• Only the finest natural and sustainable materials are used, including cotton, blended wool, hand-teased lambswool, silk and cashmere.
• Individually hand-crafted, made-to-measure and made-to-order.
• Experts in eco-friendly pocket-spring sleep systems that are 100% recyclable.
• Its divans are made from a strong Scandinavian timber and upholstered in Belgian damask.
• Awarded its first Royal Warrant in 1929, providing a mark of excellence and reinforcing its reputation for the best of British quality.
• Bed Manufacturer Of The Year winners (2011/12 and 2014/15) awarded by the National Bed Federation.
Things to remember when choosing your mattress
• It’s all about personal preference and how much support you need.
• Spring count isn’t everything. The amount of springs doesn’t necessarily mean you will have a better mattress.
• What is important is the fillings, the base and how many active turns a spring has – the more turns a spring has, the greater ability it has to sense the comfort and support requirements you need.
• The most important thing is having the most comfortable night’s sleep.
Shop our full collection of mattresses and divans, here.