From taking more time for yourself in the morning to setting yourself fresh fitness goals, a new year is a time to reassess and re-set. The opportunities are endless.
Make the most of your morning
The value of beginning your day with a form of self-care is becoming widely recognised, thanks to inspiring women, such as Arianna Huffington, who openly share their tips for getting every morning off to the right start. For some, it’s what they don’t do – avoiding technology can be the key to a calm mind. While others find setting a daily goal helps with focus.
Discover our tips for a fulfilling morning routine, and start 2019 as you mean to go on.
Meditate: Instead of going straight for the to-do list, enjoy a few moments of reflection, so you can begin the day with a clear head. Lighting a scented candle, or placing a soothing diffuser next to you, as you practice slow-breathing exercises will quickly instil a sense of inner calm.
SHOP: Spa Restore Collection
Cleanse: Dedicate more time to your beauty regime with our award-winning, paraben-free skincare collection. A glowing complexion does wonders for how you look and feel. Our morning skin ritual is quick and easy to follow, so you’ll have no problem fitting it into your schedule.
QUICK MORNING & NIGHT ROUTINE
- Double cleanse with Super Balm. Then, rinse clean with a warm face cloth, or water.
- Apply Super Serum to your face and neck.
- Next, smooth Eye Revive under your eyes and between your eyelids and eyebrows.
- At night, massage three to five drops of Night Oil into your face and neck (skip this step in the morning).
- Then lock in the serums by applying Advanced Hydration to your face and neck.
TIP: If you have very dry skin, you can mix two to three drops of Night Oil into the Advanced Hydration moisturiser for an extra boost during the day, too.
SHOP: Skincare Collection
Shake up your fitness regime
A new year is a great time to re-evaluate your exercise goals. What did you do well last year? What do you need to work on? No matter your fitness level, there’s always room for improvement. No change is too small to make a difference.
Beginner: Add a walk into your morning commute. Whether you walk the whole way, or just get off a few stops early, you’ll feel the benefits in no time. Build up to increasing the distance, then watch the results.
Intermediate: Try a new class that gets you out of your comfort zone. If you find weight training dull, why not join a dance class? Going with friends is a great source of motivation and makes it more fun, too.
Advanced: For fitness fanatics, make a longer-term goal and sign up for a half marathon, or an exercise program, such as F45, or CrossFit. It’s so much easier to motivate yourself with an objective in sight.
Upgrade your breakfast
Looking for a quick and healthy recipe to replace your standard bowl of cereal? Low in sugar, but packed with nourishing omega fats, this delectable Bircher bowl is a feast for both the eyes and taste buds.
2 tbsp hemp seeds
1 tbsp chia seeds
1 tbsp flax meal
2 tbsp coconut flakes
1 tsp psyllium husk
3-4 drops of sugar-free sweetener
Pinch of Himalayan salt
¼ tsp vanilla extract
¼ cup unsweetened coconut milk
¼ cup of water
Handful of berries (fresh or frozen)
1 tsp natural peanut butter
Sprinkling of cinnamon, or cacao powder
1 tbsp coconut yoghurt
½ tbsp shredded coconut
2 almonds, sliced
- Add all the dry ingredients into a bowl (or a container for a grab-and-go breakfast the next day) and stir together.
- Mix in the remaining wet ingredients. It should be quite runny as the seeds will expand and soak up most of the liquid. You can add more water, or coconut milk, to adjust to your desired thickness.
- Top the mixture with a handful of berries, peanut butter, cinnamon, coconut yoghurt, shredded coconut and sliced almonds.
- Then cover the container and place in the fridge overnight to set.
- In the morning, simply remove from the fridge, check to see if it needs any extra milk, and enjoy.