While everyone loves a night out, it’s getting cold outside and there’s a space on the sofa with your name on it. Cancel your plans, turn off your phone and settle in – here’s how to make the most of an evening at home…
1. Soothe your skin
Start the evening off with an indulgent bath. Light a candle in your favourite fragrance – we love calming Seychelles, with the matching bath foam for an extra treat. While you relax, why not wash away the day with a soft brush and a little luxurious gel?
2. Dress the part
The most important part of any night in is the appropriate comfortable outfit. Post-bath, cocoon yourself in sumptuous cashmere, or soft jersey – our stripe leggings look as good as they feel, so you can lounge in style.
3. Keep cosy
Leave your shoes (and your worries) at the door and slip on something to keep your feet toasty. Choose snuggly slipper boots, our iconic cashmere socks (there’s a reason everyone loves them!), or elegant velvet for a touch of glamour.
4. Eat well
Warm yourself up from the inside out with a hearty seasonal meal – our quality cast iron skillet is perfect for one-pot dishes, like this Rosemary Chicken. This recipe serves two, so there’ll be plenty for sharing, or saving for later.
SHOP: Le Creuset Skillet
½ tbsp olive oil
½ garlic clove, smashed
2 chicken thighs, skin on, bone in
Salt and pepper (to taste)
2 large shallots, sliced lengthways
½ tbsp balsamic vinegar
450g seedless red grapes, divided into small clusters
½ tbsp chopped rosemary
- Preheat oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas 6. Heat the oil in the skillet over a medium-high heat. Add the garlic and swirl to season the oil.
- Season the skin of the chicken generously with salt and pepper, then place skin-down in the hot skillet. Season the other side of the chicken with salt and pepper, and remove the garlic.
- Turning the heat to medium, sear the skin until crisp and golden (around six to seven minutes), then flip the chicken.
- Add the shallots and drizzle with the balsamic vinegar. Top with the grape clusters, nestled between the chicken thighs.
- Sprinkle with rosemary and place in the oven for 20 minutes. Once the chicken is cooked, return the skillet to the hob and bring to a quick simmer (to make sure the juices are cooked).
- Drizzle the pan juices over each portion to serve.
5. Sleep soundly
Top off your evening with a great night’s sleep. Put on a pair of super-soft pyjamas, spritz some soothing Sleep Mist and dream of a season full of relaxing evenings to come (and hopefully a party, or two, as well…). Our silk pillowcase will help you wake up looking your best, too, thanks to the natural fibre’s beauty-boosting benefits.