Cooling refreshments go hand in hand with long sunny days and these three mouth-watering recipes are too good to miss. Just add great company.
1. Something zesty & refreshing
The perfect drink to sip with a barbecue in the garden…
2 large sprigs fresh thyme
1 tbsp fresh lime juice
3 tbsp gin
1 tbsp limoncello
- Place the thyme sprigs on tinfoil and grill on the barbecue for about 15 seconds, until fragrant and lightly charred.
- In a cocktail shaker, gently muddle the grilled thyme with the lime juice.
- Add the gin and limoncello and fill the shaker with ice.
- Stir well, and strain into a chilled tumbler glass filled with fresh ice.
- Garnish with thyme.
2. Something floral & sweet
Just the thing for a little after-dinner indulgence…
1 tsp rose water
Squeeze of lime juice
2 tsp raspberry juice (simply squash some raspberries and strain off the liquid through a sieve)
Flowers and mini wooden pegs for garnish
- In a cocktail shaker, mix the Cointreau and rose water with the freshly squeezed lime and raspberry juice.
- Mix well, then top with a dash of soda water.
- Pour into your glass, filled with ice, and garnish with sprigs of blossom from the garden.
3. Something fruity and non-alcoholic
Enjoy this tropical, feel-good concoction with breakfast, lunch or dinner…
1 ripe cantaloupe
½ cup fresh orange juice
¼ cup fresh lime juice
¼ cup fresh mint leaves
2 cups ice
Fresh mint sprigs, for garnish
Slices of lime
- Slice the cantaloupe in half, remove the seeds and discard.
- Scoop the cantaloupe flesh from the skin.
- Place the cantaloupe flesh, orange juice, lime, mint and ice into a blender, mixing until smooth.
- Pour into four glasses, garnish with fresh mint and slices of lime.