Make the most of longer, lighter days with an action-packed pyjama party, sure to have the kids falling asleep with smiles on their faces. From complementary sleepwear and the snuggliest toys to the perfect post-sleepover brunch, we’ve got something to suit all ages.
1. Build the best fort
It wouldn’t be a sleepover without a proper den. Follow these easy steps to create the ultimate duvet fort.
- Locate a suitable space and place a large sheet over the anchor piece of furniture (such as the back of a sofa, or the top of a table – just make sure the anchor piece is strong and secure).
- Spread out the sheet and drape it over other pieces of furniture.
- To make the fort bigger, spread out the furniture, or overlap additional sheets and blankets, and secure them with clothespins.
- Place a chair, or tall support, at the centre of the den to prop it up.
- To create a front entrance, you can use a pillow, or a cardboard box, as a tunnel space.
Tip: Fitted sheets work best and are most likely to hold.
2. Read a bedtime story
Whether they’re learning to read and want to join in, or simply happy to listen and act out, our collection of beautifully illustrated children’s books is ideal for bedtime. The heartwarming tales will teach littles ones about the importance of friendship, overcoming your fears and dreaming big.
3. Create the ultimate brunch
Rustle up a nourishing, yet indulgent treat to end the perfect sleepover.
200g plain flour
1 tsp cream of tartar
½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
1 tsp golden syrup
75g blueberries, plus extra for garnish
Zest of 1 lemon
1 large egg
Butter, for cooking
- Put the flour, cream of tartar and bicarbonate of soda in a bowl and combine.
- Drop the golden syrup into the dry ingredients, along with the blueberries and lemon zest.
- Pour milk into the mixture and break an egg into the bowl. Mix well and keep adding more milk until smooth and thick.
- Heat the frying pan and brush with a little butter. Then spoon in the batter, one tablespoon at a time.
- When bubbles appear on top of the pancakes, turn them over.
- Cook until brown on the second side.
- Add lashings of golden syrup and additional blueberries for garnish.
THE TOY EDIT
With the activities planned and matching pyjama sets sorted, all that’s left to consider are the perfect toys to make it extra-special.
For more ideas on how to entertain the smallest members of the family this Summer, visit our Little Ones page.