As seen in our brand-new Autumn brochure, we’ve found the perfect Saturday recipe – possibly the best chocolate brownie we’ve ever tasted.
There are few things in life more comforting and decadent than a fresh batch of rich, chewy, chocolate brownies. We’ve been in pursuit of the ultimate recipe for some time, and with its crunchy outside and that all-important soft, gooey, nutty centre, we think we may just have found it.
These brownies truly are the answer for any chocoholics out there and, dare we say it, the antidote to those greyer Autumnal days that are just around the corner, so enjoy…
Ingredients (makes 48 small brownies)
375g soft, unsalted butter
375g good quality dark chocolate (at least 70%)
6 large eggs
1 tsp salt
200g chopped walnuts (use more if you like your brownies with lots of extra crunch)
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C/350°F/gas 4.
- Line a baking tin (approximately 33 x 23 x 5½ cm) with baking paper.
- Gently melt the butter and chocolate together in a large heavy-based saucepan.
- In a bowl, beat together the eggs and sugar.
- Measure the flour into another bowl and add the salt.
- When the chocolate and butter mixture has melted, let it cool a little before beating in the eggs and sugar, and then the chopped nuts and flour.
- Beat to combine and then pour the mixture into the lined brownie tin.
- Bake for around 25 minutes (the top should be a pale brown, but the middle should still be dark and dense).
(Adapted from a recipe by Nigella Lawson).
Don’t forget to share your bakes with us on Instagram and Twitter using #MyWhiteCo.
Find all you need to serve up brownies and more Autumnal treats here.