With warmer weather on the horizon, it’s time to get barbecue-ready. Up the alfresco-dining stakes with delicious accompaniments for your grilled goodies.
A chunky take on the classic Argentinean sauce, this refreshing avocado salsa is seasoned with parsley and oregano for a beautifully herby taste.
80ml extra-virgin olive oil
60ml fresh lime juice
1 garlic clove, minced
130g parsley, finely chopped
1 tbsp oregano, finely chopped
1 avocado, peeled, pitted and diced
- In a medium bowl, whisk the olive oil with the lime juice, garlic and a pinch of salt.
- Stir in the parsley and oregano and let the mixture stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Fold in the avocado and season with salt.
Healthy and versatile, this dressing will add a fresh, zingy lift to your outdoor spread. It also works well with roasted vegetables, salads and crudités.
390g full-fat Greek yoghurt
9 tbsp tahini, stirred well
6 tbsp lemon juice, freshly squeezed
6 cloves of garlic, minced
1½ tsp ground cumin
3 tsp salt
¾ tsp black pepper
- Place all the ingredients in a bowl and whisk until combined.
- Taste for seasoning and add more, if you like.
Fresh green chilli and smoked paprika ensure this aubergine dip really packs a punch. Serve with warmed flatbreads and your choice of meat, or grilled veg.
1 clove of garlic, peeled and crushed
½–1 fresh green chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
½ a bunch of fresh flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
½ tsp smoked paprika
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C/gas 4. Pierce the aubergine a couple of times with a knife, then roast for 45 minutes until blackened, softened and collapsed. Leave to cool.
- Scoop the cooled aubergine flesh into a food processor. Blitz with the garlic, chilli, oil, parsley, a good squeeze of lemon juice, a pinch of sea salt and black pepper.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning, oil and lemon, as needed. Place in a dish and sprinkle with paprika.
Now all that’s left is to browse our tableware to find the perfect pieces for your feast.