From snowball fights to days out, discover how to make the most of the festive season for all the family.
Host a mulled wine party ✔️
Hang a wreath on your front door, invite some VIP guests and serve seasonal drinks, or Winter-inspired cocktails. For an extra twist, add a dash of sloe gin to your mulled wine, or strips of orange peel to mulled apple juice.
- 750ml red wine
- 1 large cinnamon stick, or 2 small ones
- 2 star anise
- 4 cloves
- 2 strips lemon zest, pared using a vegetable peeler
- 4 tbsp caster sugar
- 100ml sloe gin (optional)
1. Put the red wine, cinnamon, star anise, cloves, lemon zest and sugar in a large pan. Cook on a low heat for 10 minutes.
2. Remove from the heat and cool, leaving to infuse for around 30 minutes.
3. To serve, heat without boiling, stir in the sloe gin (if using) and pour into mugs, or heatproof glasses.
Plan a film night ✔️
Gather some friends, or loved ones, and settle down for an evening in with your favourite festive film. Just add the comfiest loungewear and a super-soft throw. You could even set up your own cinema with a flat sheet and a projector.
Visit your local Christmas market ✔️
Brave the chill outside for an afternoon of Wintry food, drink, activities and shopping. Practical layers will keep you warm enough for ice skating, rides and more – and you can join in with some carolling, too…
Write to Father Christmas ✔️
Get the little ones in your life excited for Christmas with a letter to the North Pole. Select a beautiful card, or let them decorate their own with ribbons and accessories. We’ve got the perfect suggestions for their wish list, too.
Have a snowball fight ✔️
We know it’s weather-dependent, but nothing says Winter quite like throwing handfuls of snow at your nearest and dearest. Put on hats and gloves and hunt for the best vantage point – and if you don’t get snow this year, at least you’ll still be toasty warm.
If gift shopping is still on your to-do list, head to one of our stores for beautiful presents for every style and spend.