Leave the week behind and make the most of free time before the festive season gets underway with these feel-good ideas.
1. Friday evening: Cocktail hour
Shake the week off by hosting drinks – a little taster of the party season to come. Set the ambience with glowing candles, serve Espresso Martinis and toast the start of the weekend. A silk shirt slipped on over work trousers makes an instant outfit update, too.
Learn how to make the classic Espresso Martini cocktail with our easy recipe.
Ingredients (makes 2):
50ml coffee liqueur
2 shots (50ml) of espresso (just made)
6 coffee beans (optional for the top)
1. Put two glasses in the fridge to chill. Next, make the espresso and set to one side to cool a little.
2. Pour the vodka, coffee liqueur and espresso into a cocktail shaker, along with a handful of ice.
3. Shake until the outside of the cocktail shaker feels icy cold.
4. Strain into the chilled glasses for the ultimate smooth finish. Garnish each drink with three coffee beans, if desired.
2. Saturday morning: Brunch time
After last night’s fun, a relaxing morning is called for. Slip on a cosy robe and prepare a delicious breakfast with minimal washing up, courtesy of one of our handy boards (because nobody deserves chores on a Saturday). Treating someone else to breakfast? Our charming mug is just the thing…
3. Saturday afternoon: Wardrobe refresh
Put on some music and spend an afternoon reorganising your wardrobe – if you haven’t already packed away Summer items, our handy cotton storage bags make light work of the job. Why not drop off your unwanted pieces to your local clothes bank, or charity shop? And as a reward for all your hard work, treat yourself to a piece of special new-season knitwear – or something to help you keep everything stored neatly.
4. Sunday morning: Go for a walk
Take it outside and use the opportunity to get some fresh air with the family. From adorable knitwear and accessories to the perfect Winter jacket, we’ve got everything you need to keep you and your little ones warm as you enjoy your surroundings.
5. Sunday evening: Movie night
Gear up for the week ahead by putting on your pyjamas early and cosying up on the sofa. Keep warm with a knitted throw, cashmere bed socks and slippers, and create the perfect at-home cinema using a flat sheet and a projector – just add popcorn.
For more ways to welcome the weekend, explore our latest collections.