After spending all Summer exploring in the sunshine, we think Autumn is the perfect time to start a weekend project. So, why not refresh your home with a striking picture-gallery wall, full of your favourite memories? Starting one may seem a little daunting but, with leading photographer Kristin Perers’ expert advice, plus our new picture-gallery sets (complete with mounting templates and instructions), it’s never been easier.
1. Get inspired by looking at galleries you like, ask yourself what it is that draws you to them, and bring these elements into your own.
2. Photograph things that inspire you – for me that includes people, crafts, interiors, still life and nature.
3. When choosing your pictures, keep the collection themed by subject or colour.
4. To order your images, focus on the big pieces then fill the edges with smaller moments.
5. When it comes to frames, start with matching ones and then add a few contrasting designs if you’re after an eclectic, artful mix.
6. The best walls are built over time, so add more frames to yours whenever you want to.