Pressing the pause button on our hectic lives is more important than ever. With a caring, kind and creative approach to life and our homes, we can easily create calm. January, with its cool air, carries an excuse for quiet moments of tranquility and cosiness indoors – and we think that’s the greatest luxury of all.
Follow our tips for living well this Spring (and beyond), with the first in our ‘Art of’ blog series.
What better way to start the new year than by wrapping yourself up in the finest materials? Embrace cashmere (a yarn that truly feels like it’s hugging you back) and snuggle into Spring with the ultimate comfort fabric. We source the softest yarns from India, Tibet and Mongolia for our pieces.
Our top cashmere picks:
1. Scent the season with our brand-new Cashmere Candle. Beautifully pure, smooth and comforting, these fine accords will drift across your room to provide rapturous warmth.
2. Treat yourself to absolute indulgence with our Ultimate Cashmere Throw. Sourced from Italy, this is an investment piece you’ll love forever.
Remedy those January blues by indulging in little luxuries that will make you feel cosy and warm. Keep a sumptuously soft blanket on the arm of your favourite sofa, ready to pull over you on frosty evenings.
In our digital world, it’s wonderfully therapeutic to go back to basics and create something with your hands. Whether you start afresh with a new hobby or re-explore old interests, setting time aside to be creative will do wonders for your wellbeing. From gardening to cookery, sewing to painting, the possibilities are endless…
Our creative projects inspiration:
1. Set aside an afternoon to fill an album (explore tips from professional photographer Kristin Perers) or a collection of frames with treasured memories of your nearest and dearest (don’t forget to enter our #MyWhiteCoMoments competition for your chance to win our 100 aperture frame).
2. Embrace the beauty of the great outdoors by picking some fresh white flowers to bring the outside in. You don’t have to spend a fortune to create a lovely floral display. Simply choosing a few favourite stems and styling them with greenery from your garden will create a stunning look.
These little crafting projects are easily replicated throughout the year. New seasons will bring both fresh memories to store in photo albums, and new flowers to brighten your home.
Select some calming music to play in the background to inspire your creativity and stop you from getting distracted.
Even if new year’s resolutions aren’t for you, make a pledge to pause for a moment – every day. A night at home is the perfect time to sit, relax and recharge your batteries. We can’t think of a better time to nestle into your favourite armchair, listen to music, light candles, banish technology… and do something for you.
Our evening-in musts:
1. A long, hot bath offers a multitude of benefits for both body and mind. Settle down, accompanied by a good book (try our Winter reads), and soak your stress away. Make your bathing routine feel extra-special with our Spa Collection.
2. Switch off screens an hour before bed. Instead, put on a playlist of your favourite songs, or listen to a podcast – try our January White List if you’re on the hunt for a new one.
Take a peppermint tea up to bed with you. Not only will this aid after-dinner digestion, but it will also relax and calm the mind before you drift off to sleep.
Shop our new Spring collection to find all the ingredients to master the art of living well.